POLICY: Payroll & Time Sheet Procedures
PURPOSE: To provide prompt and accurate payroll accounting for employees.
RESPONSIBILITY: All Employees
PROCEDURE: WEEKLY TIME SUMMARY PROCESSING
- For Salary Employees, time sheets are for tracking and coding your time correctly for a job. It does NOT reflect your paycheck amount. You only need to code your time if it is on a “Cost-Coded” job.
- For Hourly Employees, time sheets are for tracking your hours worked and you will be paid accordingly.
- Weekly Time Summaries (Form O.F.M.-180C) will be completed and submitted to the Auburn Corporate Office on Monday following a Friday pay day.
- Weekly Time Summary sheets will be complete with all requested information provided, i.e. employee name, job name, job number, cost codes, etc.
- The Carter & Carter work week begins on Saturday AM and ends on Friday PM.
- All questions concerning payroll should be directed to the Payroll Clerk at Carter & Carter’s corporate office.
EMPLOYEE PAYROLL CHANGES
- The Employee Payroll Change Request (Form O.F.M.-180-A) is the form used to request a pay change.
- These forms must be initiated by a Superintendent or higher level management personnel and approved by the Director of Field Operations.
TERMINATION OF EMPLOYEES
- A Separation Notice (see Policy A.P.-070) is to be submitted in the normal course of your weekly submission of payroll time records.
- The final payroll check will be processed in the normal time frame or as specified by individual state wage laws. If circumstances dictate that a special early paycheck be processed for the terminated employee, contact the office for the correct procedures.
- The final payroll check will not be issued until all requirements of A.P.-070 are met.
Thanks for your feedback.