POLICY: Forklift Safety Training
PURPOSE: To ensure all forklift operators have a good working knowledge of the safety rules that apply to the operation of a forklift.
1. The Superintendent is to review the “Trainer’s Guide to Forklift Safety” prior to conducting a training class. (Copy of Guide can be found in “hard copy” of Policies and Procedures)
2. All site personnel operating forklifts are required to attend and complete the training program prior to
operating a forklift. This includes subcontractor’s employees who have not already been licensed by another source.
3. A copy of the “Trainer’s Guide to Forklift Safety” is to be maintained on site under the “Hoisting” file and a copy is to be sent to the home office.
4. The forklift operator’s daily equipment check-list is to be maintained on-site.
5. A list of all authorized forklift operators is to be posted on the project bulletin board and a copy is to be sent to the corporate office as employees are added.
Post your comment on this topic.