POLICY: Material Inventory
PURPOSE: To ensure all material procured directly by Carter & Carter via Purchase Order is quantified and complies with products specified in the Purchase Order upon delivery to the project site.
RESPONSIBILITY: Superintendent/Project Manager
1. The following list includes, but is not limited to materials typically procured via Carter & Carter purchase order:
- Lumber/exterior waterproofing materials
- Structural Hardware
- Hardie Siding
2. The Superintendent will designate on site C&C personnel to receive and inventory purchase order material immediately upon delivery.
3. Upon each material delivery, C&C personnel shall verify:
- receipt of exact quantities listed on the bill of laden
- material delivered complies with material specified within the Purchase Order agreement
- condition of delivered material to ensure no damages have occurred prior to Carter & Carter receiving
4. Any discrepancies between quantities indicated on the bill of laden and quantities actually delivered shall be marked up directly on the ticket.
5. Designated C&C personnel will document on the delivery ticket and refuse delivery of any incorrect and/or damaged material.
6. Designated personnel shall not sign the delivery ticket until discrepancies are noted and photo documentation has occurred.
7. Photo documentation of quantity deficiencies, material irregularities, and/or damaged materials should be sent to the Project Manager immediately.