POLICY: Weekly Foremans Meeting
PURPOSE: To address and resolve daily problems and coordinate the work activities for the coming week.
RESPONSIBILITY: The Superintendent
1. A brief meeting will be held each Tuesday at 9:00 AM in the field office.(Changes in time, day, or location must be approved by the Director of Field Operations and Senior Project Manager.)
2. All Carter & Carter Construction supervisors and subcontractor supervisors shall attend. Active or “near active”
subcontractors should be represented.
3. The Superintendent or Project Manager will conduct the meeting as determined by the Director of Field Operations and Senior Project Manager.
4. The following agenda will be strictly followed:
- The previous meeting’s minutes will be reviewed for accuracy.
- SAFETY – Observations made by the Superintendent and problems or comments related to safety noted by subcontractors will be addressed and documented.
- CLEAN UP – The Superintendent will review Clean Up performance for the past week and will document directives regarding clean up. The Superintendent is to take photos to document failures in project clean up if necessary.
- SCHEDULE – The Near Term Schedule will be discussed with the Superintendent “highlighting” critical areas to ensure subcontractors’ understanding and compliance. Upcoming weekend work or overtime requirements will be discussed at this time. Critical items on the Material Status Log will be reviewed.
- QUALITY – The Quality Assurance Program will be discussed at each meeting. The items to be discussed will include: planning, coordination, review processes and procedures, materials and workmanship.
- REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION – Current and Pending RFIs will be reviewed to determine how schedule and work is affected.
- DAILY REPORTS – The Superintendent is to report if Subcontractor Daily Reports are current or if any have not been submitted.
- MISCELLANEOUS – Any concern noted by Carter & Carter Construction and/or the subcontractors will be individually documented at this time. It should be understood that the object is to resolve issues, not to embarrass or argue. Coordination of the work and trades will be discussed.
- The meeting will close with a review of scheduled meetings, prospective visits and inspections for the next week. The dates for inspections and visits will be announced for the week. This includes Near Term Schedule meetings, owner visits, building inspections, etc.
5. Minutes will be taken and distributed to attendees, responsible office personnel for selected subcontractors, the Director of Field Operations, Senior Project Manager and Area Superintendent. Distribution of the minutes should take place no later than the day after the meeting.
Meeting minutes will include a list of subcontractors whose attendance were required but were not present.
NOTE: An example of a Foreman’s Meeting Minutes is attached for reference. As previously stated, the format should be strictly followed.