POLICY: Weather Delay Policy & Procedure
PURPOSE: To document a detailed record of weather delay’s daily.
1. Rain delays are documented daily through the Project Daily Reports under “Observed Weather Conditions” in Procore.
- Note: Make sure you are adding the specific weather details BEFORE you check “Weather Delay”. See the screenshot below.
- Once you select “Yes” under “Weather Delay” an email is generated to the “Weather Delay (via email)” default email notifications group notifying them of the weather delay.
2. Attach the following backup to the “Observed Weather Conditions” when selecting a weather delay:
- Photos from the site visualizing the delay.
- Rain Gauge photo.
- NOAA weather report from that day from NOAA Weather
3. Owner’s should be notified of weather delays within 24 hours or less.
RESPONSIBILITY: PROJECT MANAGER
1. Make sure that all necessary recipients are selected under the “Default Email Notifications Weather Delay (via email)” per project. Ensure the is included on this list.
2. OAC Meeting minutes should include the total rain delays.
3. Create a Potential Change Order (PCO) for each rain delay monthly in Procore. Required backup documentation attached to the PCO is as follows:
- Daily Reports with Weather Delays
- Photos from the site
- Rain Gauge Photo
- NOAA weather report
4. Include the PCO’s in the OAC end of the month meeting.
- Note: If the project has multiple meetings a month, it only needs to be in the final meeting for the month.
5. Include the Weather Delay PCO’s and all other PCO’s into a Change Order for the end of the month OAC meeting.
- Pictures attached to the daily log are automatically added to the Photos tab for the project.