POLICY: Site Logistics Plan
PURPOSE: To ensure a plan is established for temporary facilities set up prior to mobilization. The plan will provide for storage, offices, traffic, signage, parking, utilities and other requirements and will be compatible with the estimate.
1. The Superintendent and Project Manager will review the drawings and establish a list of temporary facilities or items required to conduct daily business on the site.
2. The plan will include the following as a minimum:
- Office trailers
- Required safety signage
- Temporary power services (metering stations and feeders with voltage requirements)
- Sanitary sewer, septic tanks or holding tanks
- Material storage and/or staging areas for all contractors (space should be specifically assigned for major subcontractors)
- Directional/informational and/or safety signage
- Employee parking
- Office parking
- Temporary fencing
- Temporary drives/roadways/curb cuts/gates
- Temporary water sources – both for trade use and for office needs
- Any semi-permanent structure or service required to support the construction process
3. The items above will be professionally drawn, to scale, on a site plan that includes permanent utilities, i.e. water, sewer, power, etc. Care will be taken to coordinate temporary facilities planning with permanent construction so as not to create unnecessary and costly relocations.
4. The Site Logistics Plan will be revised and approved by the General Superintendent prior to its implementation.
5. The Site Logistics Plan will be prominently displayed in the field office and used for a reference when planning and sequencing material deliveries, storage or actual work.