POLICY: Carter & Carter Punch
PURPOSE: Ensure Carter & Carter quality standards are maintained by generating a concise and organized list of Owner’s Punch items and track their satisfactory completion.
RESPONSIBILITY: Finishes Assistant Superintendent
PROCEDURE: Carter & Carter’s Punch inspections will be performed as described on all Carter & Carter Construction projects:
1. Upon completion of the Carter & Carter Completion List for every unit per floor/building section, the Finish Superintendent shall conduct the Carter & Carter internal punch walk.
2. The Carter & Carter Punch template form generated in Procore by the Assistant Project Manager or Field Engineer will be used. One form will be completed for each unit.
3. Typically, there should be no more than (10) items on the list for the unit to be deemed acceptable for first walk.
4. Once the finish punch list at each floor is generated, the Assistant Project Manager shall distribute to all applicable Subcontractors via Procore. Each Subcontractor shall have forty eight hours (48) to complete its punch list at each floor.
5. Punch documentation will be stored in the Procore “Punch” tab.
Finish superintendent shall conduct walks per floor or per section, per floor (1A, 1B, etc as agreed upon by the project team). No less than 8 units per walk.