POLICY: Owner’s Punch
PURPOSE: Ensure Carter & Carter quality standards are maintained by generating a concise and organized list of Owner’s Punch items and track their satisfactory completion.
RESPONSIBILITY: Finishes Assistant Superintendent
PROCEDURE: Owner’s Punch inspections will be performed as described on all Carter & Carter Construction projects:
OWNERS FIRST WALK
1. Upon satisfactory completion of the Carter & Carter internal punch list and pending Lead Superintendent’s verification that the units are ready for Owner punch, the Finish Superintendent shall conduct the Owner’s first punch walk with the Owners Representative.
2. The Owner’s Punch template form generated in Procore by the Assistant Project Manager or Field Engineer will be used. One form will be completed for each unit.
3. Typically, there should be no more than (10) items on the list for the unit to be deemed acceptable for first walk.
4. Once the finish punch list at each floor is generated, the Assistant Project Manager shall distribute to all applicable Subcontractors via Procore. Each Subcontractor shall have forty eight hours (48) to complete its punch list at each floor.
5. Punch documentation will be stored in the Procore “Punch” tab.
Finish superintendent shall conduct walks per floor or per section, per floor (1A, 1B, etc as agreed upon by the project team). No less than 8 units per walk.
Each owner’s first walk should take no more than 30 minutes per unit.
NOTE: Carter & Carter Project Manager shall participate in initial walks to facilitate who from Onwnership will be present for each walk (1-2 people max, consistency in the specific representative) and assist in establishing the standard for what will be considered a “punch item” by the Owner’s Representative.
OWNERS ACCEPTANCE WALK
1. Upon the finish trades completion of the Owner’s punch list and pending Lead Superintendent’s verification that the units are ready for Owner’s Acceptance, the Finish Superintendent shall conduct the Owner’s acceptance punch walk with the Owners Representative.
2. The purpose of this walk is to ensure all items on the first walk punch list have been completed. This walk shall not serve as an opportunity for the Owner’s Representative to add more items to the punch list.
3. Acceptance Walks should take no longer than 15 minutes per unit to complete.
4. After satisfactory completion of this inspection, all Carter & Carter Construction work will be complete and the units ready for the owner to occupy.
5. Finish superintendent will provide Unit Turnover form to the Owner’s representative documenting the successful completion of the punch list and turnover of the unit to ownership.
6. Signed unit turnover forms to be located in the Procore “Documents” tab.
See attached Unit Turnover Form.
UNIT TURNOVER FORM
NOTE: Finish superintendent is responsible for completion of any outstanding exceptions noted on the Turnover Form.