POLICY: Safety Meetings
PURPOSE: To educate and advise workmen of safety concerns and issues.
RESPONSIBILITY: The Superintendent
1. The meetings will be held each Monday morning promptly at 7:00 AM at the jobsite. The exact locations on the site will be designated by the Superintendent.
2. All site personnel are required to attend. This includes subcontractor employees.
3. A weekly Safety Meeting outline will be provided by the General Superintendent the week prior to the meeting for use during the meeting.
4. The Superintendent will conduct the meeting. Horseplay or talking during the meeting will not be tolerated.
5. The following format will be strictly followed while conducting the meeting:
- The Weekly Safety Meeting outline will be read.
- A Material Safety Data Sheet will be selected prior to the meeting and reviewed. Care will be taken to discuss the possible effects of contact with the material and recommended treatments. The MSDS that is reviewed will be attached to the Safety Meeting outline.
NOTE: Attendees should be reminded at each meeting that Material Safety Data Sheets and Hazardous Chemical Inventories are kept at the site and available for their review and that this meeting represents an educational session.
- Special topics for your project should be reviewed and noted on the Safety Meeting outline form.
- Employee safety recommendations should be solicited and noted on the Safety Meeting outline form.
NOTE: Care should be taken to resolve employee problems with results discussed in the next meeting.
- Weekly Jobsite Safety Inspection Reports should be discussed as necessary to review unsafe conditions encountered during inspections and resolutions required.
6. A meeting attendee sign in list will be circulated and attached to the Safety Meeting outline.
7. The outline with attachments will be entered into Procore and forwarded to the Director of Field Operations with the weekly payroll.
8. The meeting should be well organized and structured exactly as outlined above. The duration should be no more than 15 minutes.
9. A sample weekly Safety Meeting outline is attached for reference.
Using the Meetings Tool