POLICY: Drawing/Document/As-Built Maintenance
PURPOSE: To ensure a complete set of drawings, specifications, addenda, change orders or other pertinent contract document information is current, on-site and available at all times for review and reference.
RESPONSIBILITY: The Superintendent
1. Two complete sets of contract drawings will be given to the Superintendent by the Project Manager. The set of contract drawings stamped by the City (also called the Contract Set) are to be kept in the field office to serve as the project record set. The other set of contract drawings will be used as the working set of which will continuously be updated.
2. The working set of drawings must have in big red letters the issue date and must be kept current.
3. The Contract Set of drawings must be kept locked in the job trailer by the Superintendent.
The set will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Change Orders
- Field Orders
- Request For Information
4. Changes or variances in the work will be noted.
5. As part of the project closeout, the drawings and specifications will be forwarded to the Project Manager in the corporate office.