POLICY: Subcontract Agreement
PURPOSE: To have a written agreement, understanding, and commitment with individuals or companies providing labor or labor and materials to our projects.
RESPONSIBILITY: Project Manager
1. The Project Manager will prepare the Subcontract Agreement using the Subcontract template that is available on Procore.
2. The Project Manager will track execution status of the Subcontract via the Commitment Log maintained in Procore. The Project Manager will maintain the log.
3. The Project Manager should be sure that any items specifically excluded from the Subcontract terms are covered in other areas of the estimate or with other subcontractors.
4. The Subcontract should be routed to the subctontractor for execution via DocuSign. Subcontractor shall return the executed Subcontract agreement and all associated contract documents within two weeks of receipt of the Subcontract.
5. Prior to final execution by the Vice President of Operations, the Subcontract should be checked by the Project Manager for revisions made to the agreement by the Subcontractor. Any revisions should be resolved as indicated by the Project Manager’s initials on each revision prior to giving the document to the Vice President of Operations. Any revisions related to the standard terms of the Subcontract must be approved by the Vice President of Operations.
6. Once the document is completely executed, the Project Manager will distribute via Docusign as indicated on the Subcontract.
7. The Subcontract will not be entered into accounting until the document is fully executed. No payments can be made to the Subcontractor until the agreement is fully executed and entered into accounting.
8. No work is to be performed by a subcontractor prior to execution of a subcontract and the furnishing of the proper insurance certificate and bond (if required).