POLICY: Submittal and Material Lead Time Logs
PURPOSE: To ensure the approval of submittals and the delivery of materials is performed in a timely manner and supports the schedule.
RESPONSIBILITY: Project Manager
1. The following logs will be used to list all materials required for the project and material delivery dates to be supplied by a Vendor or Subcontractor, and should be entered on these logs in order according to specification sections. The log within Procore is to be utilized for submittals.
2. The information on these logs will be completed within four (4) weeks after budget approval. These logs will be continuously updated and circulated weekly.
3. The cumulative Submittal Log will be established for tracking all project submittal requirements, including due dates and approval status from each subcontractor/vendor in conjunction with the Procore submittal process utilized to attain formal approval by the Design Team.
4. The Material Lead Time Log is the Project Managers tool for tracking fabrication and shipping timelines for these materials and ensuring timely delivery in accordance with the Overall Project Schedule.
5. It is imperative that dates be established with the person who can control that date of submittal, approval, or delivery. It is preferable to have written confirmation from fabricators or manufacturers.
6. Submittal due dates and delivery dates will be a part of the subcontract/purchase agreement.
7. It is the Project Managers responsibility to ensure that materials and equipment are available in accordance with the Overall Project Schedule.
11. The Material Lead Time Log will be utilized in conjunction with Overall Schedule to establish critical delivery dates.
12. The Material Lead Time Log will be reviewed at the Near Term Schedule Meeting.
13. The Project Manager is responsible for keeping the Submittal and Material Lead Time Logs current. Additionally, status of the Submittal and Lead Time Logs will be discussed during the month Superintendent/PM project meeting.
Tutorial on how to create and respond to a Submittal using Procore Construction Project
How to Create a Submittal