POLICY: Owner Box Walk
1. To ensure all finish MEP components are installed in accordance with project documents and;
2. Identify conditions that may not be aesthetically acceptable to the owner and/or where installation of MEP components may be installed more effectively (i.e reduction of light switches, relocation of HVAC supply grill, relocation of data outlets, etc).
RESPONSIBILITY: The MEP Assistant Superintendent/Project Manager
1. Upon building dry and and prior to full scale commencement of in wall MEP activities, Carter & Carter Construction shall “mock up” each unit type to confirm locations of data outlets, electrical receptacles, switches, lights, HVAC grills, and other pertinent MEP finish components.
2. Carter & Carter shall document all change conditions identified during the walk via redline drawings and distribute to the Owner and design team for review and approval.
3. Upon approval, all changes shall be memorialized via ASI issued to Carter & Carter by the design team.
4. Carter & Carter will subsequently distribute the Box Walk Revision ASI to all applicable subcontractors to identify any cost adjustments associated with theses changes and to formally incorporate the changes into the subcontractor’s scope of work.
Note: Box walk mock up MUST be provided for every unit type on the project.