POLICY: Anchor Bolt Layout
PURPOSE: To provide a consistent method for accurate placement and checking of anchor bolts.
RESPONSIBILITY: The Concrete Subcontractor or Framer
PROCEDURE: The Superintendent will ensure the following is completed and accurate.
1. The Anchor Bolt Checklist Log will be prepared with all columns listed.
2. The following will be checked at each set of bolts:
- Column location
- Bolt spacing
- Bolt size
- Bolt projection
- Leveling nuts or shims as applicable (after concrete placement)
3. Verification of location will be documented as follows on the Anchor Bolt Checklist:
- The craftsman that actually sets the bolts will initial and date the checklist as the bolts are installed verifying their proper installation.
- A supervisor appointed by the Superintendent will check the bolts and date and initial the checklist verifying proper installations.
- After concrete is placed, the Superintendent will verify proper installation. He will date and initial the checklist.
4. The checklist will be kept current and available for review at the jobsite at all times. The completed copy will be forwarded to the General Superintendent with a copy filed under “Anchor Bolt Log” in the book titled “Miscellaneous.”